View Single Post
Old 04-13-2022, 07:18 AM
DenVa
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2014

Originally Posted by Rawhide16 View Post
Ok boys and girls, I’m hoping to keep this educational and professional. Take the ****-slingin elsewhere.

Having said that, I’m at a legacy airline and senior enough to bid CA with 20 years to go. I’m interested in at least researching a fractional career as this “bus driver” lifestyle is not what it once was. Especially as a commuter with planted roots and no desire to move to a hub at this point. I’ve never been one to choose money over QOL either.

Anyone been on both sides of the fence and care to educate me? I’m interested in QOL, pay, benefits, and overall job satisfaction differences.

Thanks! 🍻
You are going to work less for the same money at a major vs a frac.

While the 401k at NetJets is pretty good, it still can’t touch a 16% direct contribution above your hourly wages.

Health insurance is likely way better at NetJets, specifically.

Qol is pretty subjective. If you ever think you would want a certain day of a week off consistently, then stay at the legacy. You simply can’t guarantee that you will consistently get a certain day off every week at NetJets. One offs are easy, but if you want every Thursday off for a kids game or weekends, it would be close to impossible. No matter how long you’ve been there.

Also, imo, the no commuting benefit is way over blown. I’m home way more now as a commuter than I was at a frac. Again, I can bid late starts, so I can have breakfast with my kids before commuting. At a frac, you are most likely up early to get into position every time. I will acknowledge that my commute is fairly easy, and yours may not be.