View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 12:57 AM
C17B74
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2013
Position: No Hats No Jackets No PAX

Originally Posted by Cleared4appch View Post
Does Atlas care much if you don’t have a degree? I’m also at a regional, but haven’t started sims yet, currently waiting in the pipeline. I’m planning to finish up a degree, but wasn’t sure if I should finish while at my regional, or just go ahead and get some jet time at the regional, then throw in an app, maybe get picked up, and then try to knock it out while doing ACMI. What do you guys think? Open to suggestions.
I suspect the majority here don’t have degrees, nothing factual but we talk a lot regarding backgrounds having plenty of time in the air. Not something required here by any means obviously and mine were for previous employment and does nothing for me here. We have an amazing group from all walks of life, definitely a hodge podge of characters who have some fantastic information/ideas/hole in the wall aspects of life I doubt you will find as much of anywhere else. We just be pilots roaming the world always having to show a passport but never a degree. If your sights are beyond us like FedEx or any slim to none carriers that require one than perhaps go get it. Otherwise higher requirements of most any sort have been dropping like flies over the years. Even Delta dumped their requirement this year. Makes you think doesn’t it, hmmmm.

*Plenty of time in the back of a 74 to comfortably finish a degree if you desire. 777/767 as well is just a guess on my part or during some great layovers. RyeMex mentioned Reserve lines which is a fantastic idea.