View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 06:31 AM
TOGALOCK
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2018

Originally Posted by DamnThatWasFast View Post
When I left earlier this year, they would have to have upgraded 25 a month EVERY SINGLE MONTH for me to hit a 5 year upgrade.
Were you a pre-covid or post-covid hire? If you were pre-covid, subtract a year off of that for someone hired post covid. Additionally, I’m going out on a limb and assuming that your math was basically dividing the number of people between you and the most junior captain by 25? If that’s the case then your math assumes that every single person senior to you will take the upgrade… not a single person will bypass. That is not, and never will be, the case at any airline. Lots of FOs bypass for a multitude of reasons. Heck, our most senior FO is a 2001 hire! If you look over the seniority list below six years or so of longevity, it’s a constant mix of captains and FOs. It doesn’t become predominantly captains until it hits around 2015 hires, and there’s STILL quite a few FOs in the mix beyond that. There’s a lot more that goes into upgrade time than simple division.

Edit: I didn’t even factor in the possibility that your calculator might be broken as pointed out above.