View Single Post
Old 04-17-2022, 10:13 PM
dera
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by threeighteen View Post

What? lol. There's a lottery every year for Green Cards. Multiple E-3 visa holding Aussie Pilots have gotten their green card through the lottery, it's not easy but it's 100% doable and legal. The E-3 doesn't allow direct pathway to green card, but it doesn't forbid it either.
Lol at yourself. Yes you can put your name in the hat, but chances are miniscule. The "lottery' as you call it, that is really known as the Diversity Visa Program, has over 10k applicants from Australia per year, and usually around 100-200 approvals. Since you clearly do not know how the USCIS works, I am just going to say this again - there is no legal pathway from E-3 to Green Card, apart from very few exceptions. There is no "process" to start(unless you call buying a lottery ticket a "process" to become rich), you can just put your name in the hat and hope for the best. The only ways for legal AOS are DV and I-485 through marriage, and with that one you need to prove a non-immigrant intent.

If you "start the process" (as in, file an I-485) unless your case is solid, you will be deported.