View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 05:26 AM
dera
In a land of unicorns

Joined APC: Apr 2014
Position: Whale FO

Originally Posted by threeighteen View Post
Yeah man I'm not the one who suggested "starting the process"

I agree that there's no legal process to start to convert the E-3 to Green Card that won't end up in deportation, but...

...you implied that one couldn't apply for a green card while on an E-3 and instead to open a tinder account which is what I LOLed at, as you definitely can participate in the lottery while working on an E-3.

Also the diversity visa program lottery must be rigged towards pilots if the normal applicant vs winner ratio is that large, as most of the pilots I know who have been trying to get one usually get one within 2-3 years of trying. Being married helps too though (2x chance of winning).
Ok I misinterpreted your lol there then. This issue is somewhat personal to me, that's why I try to correct people asap who say things like "just start the process as soon as you can", it is not that simple, far from it. You should not enter the country as E-3 and expecting you will end up with a green card. If you do, great. Majority still won't. There are also years when certain countries are exempt from the DV process, like this year if you're from the UK, you're out. It is based on the number of applications normally coming from that country, so if we get a huge influx of E-3's, chances are they might be excluded from the DV for a while too.