View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 11:29 AM
CC268
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014

Originally Posted by tnkrdrvr View Post
If it’s not on the first page it probably won’t be seen. A resume for a flying job should only be hitting the highlights that most make you stand out as a pilot. Your application will contain all the deep dive info on your work history and experience. Your experience as an engineer needs to be framed to show how it makes you a better professional pilot. Unfortunately, unless you were working in aviation as an engineer, most of it won’t be terribly relevant. I had twenty years of doing a wide variety of jobs in the Air Force when I transitioned to the airlines doing everything from building multi-national war games to running and working in C2 facilities. Outside of the demonstrated leadership experience, all they really cared about was my flying experience.
Thanks - that is a good explanation and makes sense. I worked in the aerospace industry so it is relevant to a degree, but I definitely see your point. Kind of sucks they only care about the flying aspect though. Seems like the engineering background would be something that makes you stand out, but maybe it isn't quite as important as I thought. I'll shorten things up as best I can.