Thread: Starting Out
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 04:21 PM
atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Student Pilot

AA763:

Kid...and if you really are a teenager and not flamebait, go and get your degree at a State Univ and fly at a local FBO. It will save you a ton of cash. Although I graduated from ERAU back in '87 and support the University in every way that I can, I still say it cost way to much to go there now. Back then, it only cost me 25K for a four year non-flying degree.

On the other hand, and being specific to ur question...pick ur a/c. For me, there is either a 767-2 or -3 or an A-300 or 310 out there with my name written on it. There is nothing, absolutely nothing wrong with dreaming. When I was a kid, I dreamed of being a PFE on a DC-8; 727; or L-1011; none of these a/c are marquee a/c anymore; but that's ok. Keep dreaming son...for you will surely slip the "surly bonds of earth and reach out and touch the face of God."

Now...step back on this side of the looking glass Alice......go to a State Univ. as I've stated before and fly at a local FBO. Build your time in multi engine a/c if you can. If not, then SE. That's ok. We all take different roads/avenues to get to PILOT UTOPIA!!! Whatever that may be for each individual; whether it be CFI'ing, flying skydivers, traffic; or whatever else. Just get what you need to get where you want to be. Time is your ally.

All the best. Blue skies.........always!!!

atp