Old 04-22-2022, 07:28 AM
Andy Dufresne
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2020

Originally Posted by CFIsoonToBeFO View Post
What SPECIFIC work rules do you have that is better than anyone else. And don’t say “no airport reserve” because it is in the contract RPA just choose not to use it (at this time). I’ll give you no junior manning but will counter offer with no Positive Space commuting & No Commuter Hotels. So those both wash each other out. Oh and you need some “big work rules” to out weigh your (lack of) sign on bonuses and less than standard F/O Starting wage. Oh and your 1800/mth new hire training rate of pay (for the first 30 days following ATP/CTP class. So basically your first 40 days) vs the others who pay 75 guarantee from day 1 (after ATP/CTP).
There are a lot of things that make our work life pretty sweet compared to the rest.

No hot reserve. It may technically be allowed, but the company doesn’t do it, and our reserve/rest rules pretty much prevent it. I’ve never done it and don’t know anybody who has.
No junior manning
Minimum 2 days off between trips unless waived by the pilot
No fewer than 2 separate blocks of 3+ days off per bid period, unless waived. Pilot can choose to make that a single block of 6 days off if he/she wants.
Rental car provided on long overnights
Uber/Taxi provided if hotel shuttle takes longer than 30 min.
Daytime hotels provided if we have a 5+ hour sit
Flight benefits on all 3 legacy carriers with ZED agreements on almost all the internationals.
Ability to drop/pick up trips, Red pay, etc.
Super Bowl Sunday is a paid holiday.
While we don’t get commuter hotels, we are able to list for unused company reserved hotels for free on a first come, first served basis.
Block or better pay, with 4:12 min daily credit.
Extra pay for dealing with Customs while flying International

I’ve had 17+ scheduled days off the last 3 months and have credited over 110 hours because of our ability to add/drop/adjust our schedules with premium pay. Last month, I dropped a 4 day trip and immediately picked it right back up for 200% pay.

Life is good at RPA. Compensation package will happen soon enough, and BB is on record as stating we will be the highest compensated regional in the industry. That’s kinda wild for the CEO to say something like that publicly, but that’s where we’re headed.

Anything else?