View Single Post
Old 04-22-2022, 08:07 AM
cfii2007
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by Zman3030 View Post
Good afternoon,

I was just called by Dynamic for the ADA SIC position and invited to interview. They sent the email with all the information about the process to include the desktop sim. Has anyone else recently went in for an interview and taken the sim test? If you could give a little bit of information about what they had you do would be very helpful. I know that the sim is old and they are not expecting perfection but it has been awhile since I had to fly instruments on steam gauges. They also mentioned something about doing an NDB which I know how to do but have never actually done it in the aircraft. Do they have you do a hold or just a normal NDB tracking? Thanks for any information you can provide

Mike
I interviewed there a few years ago. The sim is a tabletop ATD, fairly good shape. They will brief you on the sim profile before the actual "flight" plus a 10 minute warm up session to fly an approach on your own. I believe the sim is setup for a Bonanza (basic 6 pack, no glass...if memory serves), single engine (they will give you the power settings) in IMC. If memory serves, you will fly a SID, back to VOR and do a full approach. I can't remember if there was any NBD work involved. I think there was an ILS as well. Basically, they are looking for a good instrument scan, callouts, procedures and basic situational awareness.