Old 04-22-2022, 03:55 PM
CFIsoonToBeFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by andy dufresne View Post
there are a lot of things that make our work life pretty sweet compared to the rest.

No hot reserve. It may technically be allowed, but the company doesn’t do it, and our reserve/rest rules pretty much prevent it. I’ve never done it and don’t know anybody who has.
It is in there they can use it when they chose.

No junior manning
excellent

minimum 2 days off between trips unless waived by the pilot
only applies to line-holders. Restricts you from bidding to have your trips back to back to expand your days off block.

No fewer than 2 separate blocks of 3+ days off per bid period, unless waived. Pilot can choose to make that a single block of 6 days off if he/she wants.
If your trips were bid stacked, then you could get 4 or 5 days off in a row without having to trade.

Rental car provided on long overnights
long overnight is i belive 30+ hours, not caused by irregular ops (these long layovers are a waste of your time).

Uber/taxi provided if hotel shuttle takes longer than 30 min.
All airlines have this.

Daytime hotels provided if we have a 5+ hour sit
five hiyr sits are unproductive waste of time.

Flight benefits on all 3 legacy carriers with zed agreements on almost all the internationals.
Standby (for a yearly fee) on all 3 legacy carries after their own and wholly own go. So in other words a famiky of 4 or 5 on vacation better buy confirmed seats. All other carriers have zed which is also standyby for a fee.

Ability to drop/pick up trips, red pay, etc.
Common with all regionals. Even black pay.

Super bowl sunday is a paid holiday.
Not all, but some have this holiday included.

While we don’t get commuter hotels, we are able to list for unused company reserved hotels for free on a first come, first served basis.
Very rarely approved in nyc

block or better pay, with 4:12 min daily credit.
Most regionals have this.

Extra pay for dealing with customs while flying international
most regionals have this

i’ve had 17+ scheduled days off the last 3 months and have credited over 110 hours because of our ability to add/drop/adjust our schedules with premium pay. Last month, i dropped a 4 day trip and immediately picked it right back up for 200% pay.
So you are admitting you have to work lots of extra flying because your hourly salary doesn’t support a family living in base on 75 month guarantee.

Life is good at rpa. Compensation package will happen soon enough, and bb is on record as stating we will be the highest compensated regional in the industry. That’s kinda wild for the ceo to say something like that publicly, but that’s where we’re headed.
What does history show the length of time it takes for the company & union to pass a pilot contract. Also, ask the flight attendants how their negotiations are going? Strike soon?

Anything else?
explain why the company only pays new hires 1800.00 for their first month if employment? I will help, because the new hire is so poor, it forces them to sign the “sign-on bonus” contract which affords them an extra 1000.00 to survive, then rpa gets all the bonus money back when they move on in less than five years. It is a *****huge scam*****