View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 08:01 PM
Popeye0537
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2018

Originally Posted by Tpinks View Post
The A220 will be flying next week on proving runs. I’m pretty sure we know how to fly it...

Do you realize the relationship DM has with Airbus? If he wants them, he will get them. While the line may be “locked” up, it typically never truly locked up. Production lists get shuffled quite frequently, Jetblue got A220’s earlier because we swapped slots with them on the production line. Manufactures have been known to also create or rather hold production slots in the near term for carriers who are ordering a new large fleet order. Anything is possible on that front. Just last month, Avianca ordered 88 A32xNeos with delivery starting in 2025, so your assertion is already flawed.

Your knowledge of the Breeze operation and the economics is also comical. You say Breeze wont make money, but comparing LAX-NYC (LGA for Spirit vs HPN for Breeze) on the same day, Breeze is charging 50 Dollars more for an economy ticket than Spirit is. The overall cost basis for Breeze is currently lower than Spirit’s, so I highly doubt we will struggle to make money on these routes. The Ejet side is doing just fine as well. Your acting like Spirit or _____Insert any airline here_____ hasn’t gone into a market and adjusted frequency or pulled out altogether.
Comical? You guys making money yet? Nope....but investors are "throwing money" at you according to the other Breeze guy. Why would they need to keep infusing money into an airline than is making money. Spirit goes into airports that will make them money, they dont throw a dart at a wall as say "hey, let's fly from HPN to LAX" where service has never been established.
And this whole argument about getting Airbus slots, Avianca already flys the 320 variant and has done business with Airbus for years. You guys kill me, you're never going to fly anything larger than 220's unless someone decides to acquire you.