View Single Post
Old 04-25-2022, 06:46 PM
Max Relax Roll
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by Trashman3 View Post
Are you saying that the 10 year commitment incurred from SUPT does not count against the 5 years?

If this is true, it's an absolute game changer and I would like to know more.
Here is the quote from the Title 38 §4312 of theU.S Codec) Subsection (a) shall apply to a person who is absent from a position of employment by reason of service in the uniformed services if such person's cumulative period of service in the uniformed services, with respect to the employer relationship for which a person seeks reemployment, does not exceed five years, except that any such period of service shall not include any service--

(1) that is required, beyond five years, to complete an initial period of obligated service;

As has been noted here already, any contingency orders, Annual Training, Drills, PME, and response to a Declared State or National Emergency are also exempt. While it's not impossible to complete an entire 20 year assignment while on leave, it would be highly improbable I think. In my situation, my orders stipulate what section of Title 10 I was ordered to AD under, and it's not one of the exempted categories. I know people who have done exactly what I'm trying to do but they had the "benefit" of being on Mil Leave when their airlines had massive furlough rosters and we were fighting two simultaneous wars where contingency orders were easy to come by.