Gets Weekends Off
beech1980
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Feb 2008
  • Position
    B-737
Quote: Super excited to have a CJO with Sun Country! My wife and I are planning to move up to MSP, to avoid the commute. It’s a pretty big cross country move for us, which we have never done, so I’m struggling to figure out the logistics.

My understanding is that training will be around 2 months, not including IOE. I assume we don’t get the actual weekends off, but are there many gaps or two day breaks in that footprint? I know the training is strenuous, so I don’t intend on doing anything too crazy, but perhaps bring the wife up for just one or two days to look around the area for rental houses. I’m not sure if it would be better to move before training, or afterwards, having to fit in the move as I start reserve.

If any of you have experience/advice with this, or suburb recommendations, please let me know!
i would recommend keeping your home address outside of 50 miles of MSP if you are a commuter until you finish training to qualify for a free hotel. There are some nice cities close by that aren’t bad but you will have a high cost of living. Previous posters are correct. The further you move away from MSP the cost of living will drop. Avoid living in the actual cities of Minneapolis or Saint Paul. They are dumpster fires. Trust me I’ve lived here most of my life except during college I was out of state. DM me if you want more info. I’ve been at sun country for a while. Congratulations and good luck with training and the move!