Thread: Moving to base

YerOnGuard , 04-28-2022 06:26 AM
Gets Weekends Off
YerOnGuard
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2018
Quote: Super excited to have a CJO with Sun Country! My wife and I are planning to move up to MSP, to avoid the commute. It’s a pretty big cross country move for us, which we have never done, so I’m struggling to figure out the logistics.

My understanding is that training will be around 2 months, not including IOE. I assume we don’t get the actual weekends off, but are there many gaps or two day breaks in that footprint? I know the training is strenuous, so I don’t intend on doing anything too crazy, but perhaps bring the wife up for just one or two days to look around the area for rental houses. I’m not sure if it would be better to move before training, or afterwards, having to fit in the move as I start reserve.

If any of you have experience/advice with this, or suburb recommendations, please let me know!
Congratulations and welcome aboard. If lake living is your thing, looking into any of the lakes from Mankato to Faribault would be good. Pretty inexpensive as compared to Minnetonka, Prior Lake, Spring Lake, etc. All are well within the 2hr callout to get to the airport.