Thread: New Hire Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2022, 09:51 AM
PilotBases
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2020

Originally Posted by DeltaCorrectons View Post
1. 52.98 is your starting hourly 75 hour month guarantee so 47,700 roughly assuming you don’t pick anything up and keep in mind we are fat FOs so open time for FOs might be harder to come by. On top of that assuming no prior 121 time 10k training bonus so your around 57,700. Second year you’ll be down below that.

2. ATL and MSP are going to continue to be senior you might get it within a year of starting at EDV but if you ever plan on upgrading you probably won’t get it as EDV has a large population of pilots that live in ATL dreaming of the Peachtree life.

3. My opinion in all honesty the company at EDV treats us fairly well up until recently when daddy d decided that the Gold Standard regional pilots (so they say) needed to be put in the penalty box and no longer hired at mainline outside of the flow and more then likely that trend will continue assuming the current FO pool is smart gets their time to be attractive to LCC’s and tries to go in the back door at DL which has worked for a large number of former EDV FOs. My advice would be throw an app in at any LCC probably all of them get an Airbus type and then try to get DL if you still want it. Spirit and Frontier I do believe have or are opening ATL bases and if the music stops it’s better to be at either one then Endeavor. Biggest issue with EDV right now beside pilots being locked in the closet by daddy D like the red headed step children that we are is that if a downturn occurs and Delta pilots are furloughed they flowback into EDV pilot positions and push out as many pilots as needed to make room for the furloughed mainline pilots. Flow has consequences as it should benefit the DL pilots as well as the EDV even though DL pilots didn’t want it at all and a decent number of EDV pilots would have rather not either.
#3. Many said this. Flow would have both positive and negative repercussions. There was no way a straight no holds barred flow would allow OTS hiring to remain unimpeded. I remember a year ago folks were claiming it could be alongside DGI. Lifers wanted their gimme and felt fine that the next generation could wait because they had to. EDV pilots wanted flow and got it, warts and all. It was openly discussed that if you were motivated, prepared to interview, etc flow could be more of a hindrance.