View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 05:47 PM
Brickhut
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by Das Auto View Post
Here's the problem with your post. Apart from the loss of "fun factor," you failed to mention any positives from private aviation vs 121, and half the stuff you mentioned I have never done or seen anyone else do for that matter. Wobbly ladder on an icy ramp. Nope. Pulling a suitcase lav? All of the airplanes in the NetJets fleet have external servicing, just like your 737 or A320, and what's the difference between asking the FBO counter for your release vs the gate agent?
Sure I've loaded bags and checked ID's but so far neither have caused any PTSD.

How does the health insurance compare? Do you have an app on your phone where you can order four meals a day from an extensive menu and have them delivered at a time and place of your choosing, or do you stand in line at Wendy's with the MCO crowd? Does your LCC have Durango CO as a base or do you have to commute to LGA, DET or some other lovely place on your own time?

There are pros and cons, but insignificant inconveniences like using the same bathroom as the passengers (which you also do on an airliner) shouldn't be a deal breaker. Sounds like rationalizing to me.
Before we continue, can I ask your time at NJ, equipment, and seat?