View Single Post
Old 04-30-2022, 06:37 PM
Brickhut
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2018

Originally Posted by sky303 View Post
Funny enough, a lot of the negatives of fracs listed by the poster a few above are basically associated with providing quality customer service. I have always been passionate about customer service and have loved working in fine dining, customer service standardization, auditing, writing, etc. When I got into flying I assumed I would follow the usual airline path, but stumbled into a charter gig and realized it married my passions for flying and customer service. To me, greeting and treating passengers with care, remembering a favorite drink, and arranging transportation are parts of the job I enjoy immensely. Getting to know someone and executing on things that ensure that person enjoys the experience for which they are paying is gratifying to me. Hard to explain, but I guess this work scratches both of my itches—flying and customer service. I don’t view those tasks as negatives, in fact, quite the opposite.

Different strokes for different folks!
As someone who did the same thing for 12 years, I can empathize with your willingness to go above and beyond. Customer service is in my blood. I'm guessing, however, like "Das Auto" above, you've never worked for a major? All that is expected of you is to show up, turn left, fly airplane, go home. I'll admit, after 12 years as a 135/91 Barbie Jet driver, it was hard to "slow down" to the speed of the 121 world, but after a year or two, you begin to realize just how much extra effort you had to put in for less pay and less QOL. Your noble customer service heroism is appreciated at your current place of employment, but I can't tell you how nice it feels to truly not give a flying F#$k what happens behind a closed and locked cockpit door. Hopefully, someday, you'll get to experience it.