View Single Post
Old 05-01-2022, 01:25 PM
bonvoyage
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2022

Originally Posted by Margaritaville View Post
Well... I really wasn't looking for a debate because this topic isn't debatable. Yes, SkyWest and Republic are "major airlines" by the DOT definition. Actually many of the regionals are. Breeze is not by any definition. If they manage to stay in business, they may be one in a few years.

Also the industry is a lot different now than it was 23 years ago when Jet Blue was founded. I'd say the industry is a lot more hostile toward startups and there's a lot more competition at the bottom of the industry than at the top. Everyone considering going there needs to have a clear understanding of this, not just recruiters look aid with "Get In On The Ground Floor Of The Next JetBlue". And since you brought it up a lot more have lost their asses on Bitcoin than have become millionaires. I wish you luck.
Yea I understand everything you’re saying. I’m not saying Breeze will even make it. Not saying they will or won’t. Only time will tell. But the trend here is for more people than not to come in and try telling everyone it won’t work and to bail. Every pilot here knows the risks involved. Only time will tell. Aren’t you at NK?