View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 01:27 PM
zerozero
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by itsjustajob View Post
Have to disagree...
That's all very interesting and I don't dispute any of it. I truly believe that Atlas crews are the most productive, valuable (and under appreciated) freight crews in the industry. Maybe I'm biased. But all of that honestly distracts from the original question:

Originally Posted by TeamBoeing
Has Atlas/Southern ever furloughed during a recession or economic crisis?
Let's restate the question to really get to the point: "Should a prospective new hire at Atlas in 2022 be concerned about a furlough later this year or in 2023 due to economic recession or crisis."

My answer remains, no. Why? The so-called logistics (or supply chain) crunch that we're experiencing now is forecasted to continue until 2024/25. If the Legacies are VERY short on crews now, we are EXTREMELY short on crews. During an economic recession the demand for crews will be less at the Legacies. Demand may actually drop to zero temporarily. But in our segment of the industry, we'll simply be able to hire more crews then and may actually be properly staffed for the first time since 2016.

Again, Atlas has never furloughed for economic reasons. They furloughed as an intimidation tactic during negotiations.