View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 11:59 PM
ImperialxRat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by 05Duramax View Post
If you are a new hire in training and the pilot group were to go on strike what happens to you? Your not a pilot yet, and I certainly wouldn’t cross a picket line.

What if your out of training and a strike happens? You are still on probation, are you still guaranteed your job back when the strike ends?

Thanks!
Hey there, welcome to a part 121 carrier. If you're in training while a strike happens, then you show up to class as normal. You're still a pilot, you're just on probation. Probation lasts for one year, and during that time you don't do any union job action that reflects negatively on the company, which includes informational picketing and striking work. I am sure that the union will put out more information if it comes time for a strike, which would still be months away. The good news is that all the captains you would be paired with will be on strike (except management pilots and one other guy), so most likely your trip would cancel before you needed to show at the airport, but for the sake of your job during probation, you show up to work as normal.

I could be wrong, so definitely call your rep or wait for an official union email informing you what to do in the event of a strike.