View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 06:23 AM
Released
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2020
Position: Big & Comfy

Originally Posted by Chrismo01 View Post
Just got the job offer and trying to figure out what course of action I should take. I’m currently at a regional and about 400 hrs from being eligible for upgrade. I’ve been told the 767 type can be worth it’s weight in gold but I’ve also heard the same for PIC time.
Wanted to get the perspective from some current ATI pilots about schedule, QoL, pay, training, attrition, etc.
That’s a tough one, and I’ve been there before. As long as things stay as they are with everyone hiring, you can truly do whichever you’re more interested in and be fine. I personally know guys with legacy job offers with no PIC and others with no heavy. When I was in your position though, I went for the PIC and it’s (finally) paid off personally. The music stopped shortly after I upgraded and I was happy to be left seat vs bottom of a seniority list as furlough bait.

You’ll likely get more time off at your regional, just split up rather than 7-12 days straight. QOL only you can answer based on what’s important to you. It’s not bad here, but not great either. Pay is what you see on APC unless you want to be gone more than 16 days a month, soft pay doesn’t really exist. Training is not hard here, but you won’t be spoon fed either. Awesome instructors though. Many are retired AA guys and make it fun. As for attrition, well, there’s a hiring wave so I imagine it’s about the same as anywhere that isn’t the top 5. Feel free to PM. Happy to help.