View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 02:46 PM
CFIsoonToBeFO
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2021

Originally Posted by FlyGuy99 View Post
While that is all true, I just don’t think that pushing a lot of new hires through training and having them sit out 4-6 months while paying them is very cost effective for the company, and that’s not including the sim time we’ll need for requalification and all of the accommodations that come with that.

I don’t mind getting paid to sit around and do nothing, but I’m not sure it’s doing much to help. I feel maybe putting a couple FOs on IOE every other week would balance it out a bit if the LCA staffing becomes sufficient
As soon as they see their new hires resigning in training while starting class at another carrier that can push them thru, non-stop, then they will address it. Problem is there are very few carriers than can push the new hires right thru. Endeavor, Republic, and maybe Envoy.

There is always the stigma of having that “resigned while in training” on your record, but all HR Reps know and understand the delays are real and you are trying to progress your career as quickly as possible.