View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 08:21 AM
TaylorPilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by LoneStar32 View Post
The fact that you think that is what a CFI does causes me to think the ATP rule was targeted for people like you.
So....can you answer the question or not? I know exactly what a CFI does. Having over 1000 hours dual given and 100% pass rate. I stand by my statement...my 5000th lap around the pattern in a non-controlled single runway airport out in flat land country is no different than my 4999th...I learned more in 3 hours riding in the right seat of a single pilot Citation (time that I cannot log) than I did in the last half of my time flight instructing...I will admit that the first 300 or so hours of dual given were good...it gave me the ability to stand back and see the mistakes that people were making, figure out why they were making them, and increase my own basic flying skills, but I know plenty of guys who have had the opportunity to get real world experience in more complex aircraft where they would gain more actual experience, but they can't because they cannot log the time and have to keep their poverty level job grinding it out in a 172 to build up to the completely irrational 1500 hour limit...Not all hours are the same...Just admit the current system is stupid and completely inefficient...just like everything the government does