View Single Post
Old 05-12-2022, 05:49 AM
flyinthrew
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2019

I was given a CJO before Covid and went to indoc in August 2021. I have a NYC73NA award. I have no 121 time. I was a single seat mil pilot so none of my mil time counts towards the 1000 hour requirement.

I have no regrets. I am 40 years old, and been flying for awhile. I have been a PIC in some pretty heavy situations so possibly being in that position doesn’t bother me. I have no doubts that I can handle anything the plane throws at me or the crew.

The mitigation strategy from the company is a full IQ (even though I’ve done IQ once), 47 hours of OE, and a two leg line check. I don’t think there is going to be any issues.

The one big hole I see is for the people who do have the 121 time already. I have quite a few spaces
filled in on my 121 bingo card (airborne malfunctions, de-icing in JFK, missing HR, drunk pax, SAQ airports, a really messy ground malfunction in international environment, etc), but I need to see more. I will get the chance (and obtw, there is no universe in which I’m shooting for 1000 hours of block in a year or maybe even two) They won’t get the chance AT DELTA, and that’s a threat.

Some people say “why do that to yourself?” I think in the current environment someone in the bottom 50% of the list is going to get completely broke off no matter what. If I’m going to have uncommutable trips paddling the canoe to PBI over and over again I might as well make way more money doing it. Rotation construction and QOL with either improve or I’ll bail to WB FO when I’m senior enough for it to make sense.