View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 12:04 PM
klondike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: in a Big Box that moves back,forth, up, down and makes cool sounds

Originally Posted by pangolin View Post
Short story long. We used to have the most efficient training in the industry. And it was because the person doing the scheduling was a Genius level scheduler who could re-arrange things with little to no disruption. There was never a missing instructor, sim partner or idle sim. This angel was working long hours and was available at any time. Approachable, Polite and Genius. She asked for a raise. She was not only rebuffed but insulted. So she walked. The THREE people it took to replace her have not been able to do the job with any similarity or efficiency. It's not even close. Nothing has been the same in the last 4.5 years and it's continued to degenerate. I've toyed with offering the help fix it for a few months but I don't think I could even do it. I would hire her back with any bonus I could afford. The company has lost so much money for their stupidity. It's just astounding.
I can’t remember her name. But she was fantastic. I left there in ‘17 and my memory ain’t what it used to be.

It sounds like the old “step over a dollar to save a dime” syndrome.