View Single Post
Old 05-15-2022, 07:12 AM
biigD
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2010

Originally Posted by Pervis View Post
Our retirement is lacking compared to the majors. Much of it is up to us individually. Last year company matched our 401k contributions at 58% to include the catch up. We also get non discretionary contributions of 1/3 of our flight duty pay up to the legal limit. FDP is paid at $145/hr for block time exceeding 10 hours in any tour in addition to base pay, and is the same for both PIC and SIC. FAs also receive it, but not sure what their rate is. My contribution in total was the legal limit for individuals. Company match and non discretionary contribution about doubled that. Not bad, but not as good as the majors.
Interesting - thanks. I live in base so things are pretty good, but there may be a day that my wife's job will force a move requiring a commute, and depending on what my new reality looks like I figure it's worth investigating other avenues. The CC52 is more my speed - living in base has spoiled me for being home 20+ days per month - but commuting will obviously put an end to that flexibility.