View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 12:47 AM
AboveMins
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2016

Originally Posted by Ibnav8r View Post
One of the onboarding emails states that you're not expected to complete all the CBTs prior to class. But it seems the conventional wisdom is to do so, or at least get a good head start - even if you have to go back and review. What say you sages?

Also, what sort of capacities, dimensions, figures and limits will I need to worry about? All the minutiae or just the normal "big" ones? Will these be pointed out in class? Or do I start making flash cards now?
Unless the CBTs have changed since I did them when I was hired some years ago, they contain a lot of conflicting info. My suggestion is to power through them as quickly as possible, so you can concentrate on FCOM 1 & 2, and the FOM when you start class. A few people in my new hire class didn't start the CBTs beforehand, and seemed to constantly be playing catch-up since they're such a time suck. As others have said on here, we don't have a lot of memory items. Once you get your iPad, there's an oral exam guide in Comply365. It's a good place to start prepping. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and welcome to the jungle!