View Single Post
Old 05-16-2022, 07:50 AM
Tireteapot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2021

Originally Posted by Arctichicken View Post
Just my .02. Why would any qualified applicant come to Alaska? I can only think of one reason-PDX base. Alaska offers zero incentive and just a mediocre career. The BOD and upper management really screwed the pooch this time. BM says we will "over hire". I'd like to know from where? Majority of the pilots commute and Alaska's bases are located in some of the highest cost of living parts of this country. This place will shrink and hopefully be absorbed by a real airline run by management with a vision and a brain. It's looking more like Compass every day.
I’m a PNW native and I’m down with staying at Alaska for my career. Currently at QX. I think they will get a new contract and it will be a good place to be. If you ask any pilot 20-30 years ago (the amount of time I have left in my career) “the place to work” then, either doesn’t exist today or isn’t the place to be at today. My big thing is being located in the PNW, so Alaska is the best choice. A few bucks of pay really doesn’t make much of a difference to me.