Thread: Spirit Training

FNGFO , 05-16-2022 01:46 PM
Gets Weekends Off
FNGFO
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2018
Quote: Well is there anything in particular I can study prior to training to get my knowledge on 121 operations up?
You have nothing to fear if you can read numbers on a load sheet or dotz and then input them into the MCDU. It’s not rocket science. The Aircraft Load Sheet says 74 standard bags and 3 heavies in zone 1. Type in 74/3 and insert it into zone 1 in the FMS. Same with passenger counts. This many adults/kids in this area. Put that number into the MCDU. This many infants. Put that number in the entry for….infants.

Ramp operations are equally as tough. “Ramp, Spiritwings 123, Echo 31, push and start with information alpha.” And then you might have to say something really difficult like “ Cleared to push tail south abeam 33.”

And then for the real topper. “Cockpit to ground, brakes are released, cleared to push tail south abeam E33” followed by the even more devious “Brakes are set, cleared to disconnect, show me the pin on the left.” It’s right up there with string theory.

121 rules are easy. It’s essentially 91 IFR rules with some minor changes. Standard 135/91k alternate rules when you don’t fly to an airport listed in A012.

Truly. This is being made to be so much more than it is. Part 117 requires some study. I bet you can find a decent explanation online before coming to class, and we have handy cards on our lanyards that tell us our limits. Also not a difficult thing to do.

It’s like any indoc you will ever attend. Cooperate, graduate. Study with your classmates when you can, and show up knowing what they tell you to know.