View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 11:35 AM
FlyHappy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: What do you have?

Originally Posted by CAFB 04-12 View Post
Anyone have experience with All ATP in Dallas? I'm looking to possibly knock out the ATP this fall when (if!) I go to KC-135 IP school in Altus and Dallas seems too close to pass up (when traveling from Mildenhall that is!).
I had no problem with them, but that was a few years ago now. I'm sure it's a completely different staff.

My recommendation for the ATP and FE written prep is Sheppard Air (http://www.sheppardair.com). It's completely online and they seem to do an excellent job of weeding out the questions so that you only see the real bank and don't waste time studying things you don't need to know. I think I missed one question on the FE test. Once I was ready, I just found a local FBO that offered testing and completed my tests there. Then I went to All ATPs for the flying.

One thing I'll say about All ATPs, is that your experience really seems dependent on the location and examiner. Most people I know have gone to All ATPs and have widely varying experiences. For example, the evaluator I had couldn't have been more big picture -- in fact he even made the comment that this is the only time you're even going to need to worry about this piston stuff. Others have had examiners who were complete tools. I think the best thing is to check with buds who recently went through (since they turn over staff so much -- esp with regionals hiring) to get the gouge on the best locations.