View Single Post
Old 05-19-2022, 09:24 AM
funnynoises
New Hire

Joined APC: May 2022

Originally Posted by clappedout757 View Post
So, I’m currently in a 200 class here. I reached out to four or five friends that are all currently on the -200. One has been there for 14 months and has 250 hours. Just got his first line two months ago and flew 100 hours in those two months. The other has been here two and a quarter years since January of 2020. He has 540 hours on the jet. The other has been here eleven months and he has 180 hours on the airplane. He’s leaving for an LCC in June. My pilot mentor here is on the 200 and he has just under 500 hours since March of 2020. I asked around on a few other forums and this is the norm across all bases on the 200.

The 200 pilots will sit reserve. For at least a year. My alpa rep is on the 200. 14 months at the company and just got assigned a reserve line, not by choice. He is leaving for an LCC. Management here knows that the reserve times and lack of flying is an issue but have no plans on combining fleet models (same type - less pay, by the way). The average flight time for a 200 pilot year one is 190 hours.

It’s insane to me, the industry is in a massive pilot shortage where other airlines are begging the FAA to reduce minimums; and Endeavor is grounding 15 pilots a month to sit reserve for a year or more on a jet that never flies. Two people in my class have already left to go to other regionals because the hours just aren’t there. And the 200 only has three bases (ATL, MSP, DTW). Captain upgrade on the 200 is 4-5 years with how little flying there is.

If you come to Endeavor, make sure that you have a class date set one month out from your class date here. If you get the -200, quit and go to your back up. If you get the 900, call and give them your two weeks notice and congrats, you just got on at the best regional out there. Enjoy flying out of New York for a year, and then go wherever you want! The staff here are phenomenal and the company culture is really great.

This is a curse. And it really sucks. My friends work here. I’ve really enjoyed training (as much as you can enjoy training). Everyone here wants you to succeed. But the CRJ200 is a curse at Endeavor and it will set back your flying career two years if you are assigned this aircraft. And it is total crap. It’s the only drawback to Endeavor (two people in my class live in NY, I just want to fly, get my hours, and move upward)... Nothing’s perfect I guess, but this really sucks for me because of my age…
Thank you for your insight. What repercussions are there career wise for bailing out of a class if you get the 200, besides training costs?