View Single Post
Old 05-21-2022, 05:28 PM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by Planetrain View Post
Question 1: Do we have TA language yet? No.
How would anyone know how they handled 1.R in the big scheme of things? Unless you were a negotiator, you wouldn’t know this answer and are just speculating the AIP bullet point was the entire agreement. We don’t know.

1.R for background is the part of scope dealing with Virgin Atlantic. It has a narrow geographical scope, but it does favor DL on about a 2:1 ratio in the balance. (This is one of the parts of scope where DL is actually ahead of compliance from the minimum) If anyone thinks that North America to UK will be a huge growth space, totally dwarfing what we have with AF/KLM, it would be a part I would keep an eye on. (Personally I’m not hugely concerned about this being an issue with slot constrained UK airports. VA has like 35 jets, what is our realistic expectation of growth on this one?)

Before I pass any judgement, I would like to see how many ASMs we fly vs the rest of all the JVs combined. That would be an interesting comparison.

Bar, where are you seeing current 72-74% of all JVs’ traffic being in DL’s favor? Hadn’t seen that data.

Im also withholding judgement and speculation until we have language. We don’t have any language yet.

Edit: I see Bar was typing the same time as I was. 72-74% is specifically about 1R, not all the JVs
good post. 1 R. Is a Global Widebody balance. …. It has no geographical requirement other than the required LHR ops…..In fact, do you think it fair to basically call the AIP just an enlarged 1 R. with a lower ratio (balance) based on the sum of all JV’s?

Took the I R. % from the most recent Scope Compliance presentation.

From what I understand this is TA’d. My GUESS is that we are not getting a contract without this part done.

Resistance is probably futile and unwise.