View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 06:47 AM
Excargodog
Perennial Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by FuturenaiveFO View Post
I'm in my last 50 hours as a CFI and I have 3 CJO, ENDEAVOR, PSA, and ENVOY, what I really want is to work for a WO carrier, I know flows are not realistic in the current state of the industry? but I was wondering if you were in my shoes, what Regional will you choose and why? I'll be commuting to any of their bases. so base is not a big factor for me yet, I'm planning on commuting for 6 months (end of my current lease) and then I'll be probably moving to base.

my head is divided:
ENDEAVOR: best pay but I hear if you get the CRJ-200 is a death sentence.
ENVOY: nice pay good bonus but I really don't want the ERJ145, bases are the best
PSA: Gets ready of the CRJ-200 or ERJ145 problem, but I hear they are over staff, and bases are not great,

So any objective advice will be help full.
Go anywhere they will get you onboard quick and then fly your butt off. Consider it like a military remote tour. Don’t worry about vacations, don’t worry about promises of guaranteed interviews or flows or anything else. Get your ATP, get on board, and get as much 121 time as you can before your regional becomes dysfunctional for lack of CAs who are all moving on faster than they can be replaced.

If/when your regional stalls out and comes apart, use the hours you’ve got to leverage the next job. If it’s only a couple hundred, go ACMI and fly big iron overseas for awhile. If 500 or more you ought to be able to land an LCC/ULCC position. Fly your butt off, build hours, and keep your apps current for the career airline(s) of your choice.

Every year you stagnate anywhere puts 800 people ahead of you at your career employer FOR THE REST OF YOUR CAREER. Ease up when you have the final seniority number - not before.