View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 12:07 PM
marcal
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by Hrkdrivr View Post
It’s limiting in the sense after you’ve flown a full line, with every trip having OE lately, you’re probably too tired to be willing to fly more on a GS.
I don't disagree that a LCP may be too tired, but that doesn't mean they can't do any GS. A common refrain is that LCP's cannot do GS and that is 100% false. What it DOES impact, is close in schedule flexibility(swaps/drops). The only negative is that once OE is on a trip, its stuck. But, you can always email the OE planner and tell them not to give you OE on a specific trip if needed and you also have multiple PCS runs before they start dropping OE. If I go through 3-4 days of PCS runs and can't get rid of a trip, all it takes is an email to be like, "please don't put OE on here, I need to get rid of this trip".

I can't speak for all fleets but my LLCP is very clear to do what we need to in order to remain happy and engaged when it comes to our schedules and students. And we currently have no major OE delays at all on this particular fleet.