View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 06:28 AM
Hrkdrivr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2007
Position: Fairly local

Originally Posted by FangsF15 View Post
First, I’m all for asking for it at the table. No problem with that. But for the same reason SLI’s won’t get “retro” on any of their improvements, why training attendees won’t get “retro” on training pay improvements, why we won’t get an additional week of vacation retroactively 🤞🏼, why those of us on property didn’t get free uniforms when NH’s did, or why they didn’t pay retro for NH hotel costs. And on, and on. It’s fantasy to expect that.

Besides, it’s just odd to have a special carve out like that. The “retro” will apply to everyone’s pay since 1 Jan 2020. And we must hold firmly resolute on that, lest we encourage future negotiations to drag out. That is a hill worth dying on.

I answered your question, so answer mine. Why should LCP get a special carve out as retro on any pay improvements, on top of the broader retro check?
I didn’t realize SLIs didn’t get retro when we signed the last contract. Or LCAs.

I’m not asking for any special carve outs. Like you (I think) I’m saying every pay scale that gets increased should get retro, as they would have been paid if the contract had been signed and implemented on time.

So if the LCA override is increased (to whatever), and all the hourly rates get increased, and we get full retro (I know, I know), I think the LCA overrides should get the retro treatment. And SLIs. And newhires. And vacation. And uniforms. Shoot for the moon. Take what you can get. It’s paid according to the PWA just like everything else, and it would have gone up with all the other rates when the contract was signed.

Except for the carve out comment, 100% agree with your second paragraph. At a minimum every pilot should get 100% retro on every hour they worked since 1 Jan 20. That’s an easy one item NO vote for me. I just disagree SLIs and LCAs getting retro on their overrides is a carve out. It’s pay in the PWA that should have gone up.

Fantasy? Probably, but again I agree with you, we definitely need to argue for it at the table.