View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 11:21 AM
Commit Aviation
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

I had the pleasure of meeting the DC team. It was a great experience. Very laid back and informative. A welcoming environment. I found it to be part get to know you and part mentoring. They asked why United?, Tell me about a failure?, and asked about a time I mentored someone. Same type of questions you may get in an interview. However they offered great feedback on my answers and on my resume. For example, mentorship. I was told many use the example of CA mentoring FO but they contend “that’s part of your job as CA”. So try to think of other avenues. With failure don’t use a checkride as you will cover that when you get asked about any failures. And be able to use the STAR method of answering. Situation - your answer the question, Task - desired goal, Action - what you did to resolve, Result - what you learned, etc. I also learned about the investment arm of the company with over 200 companies. Scott Kirby and leadership has opted to have various options for potential revenue streams. Customer service. I believe they are pushing that hard as they spoke to how if a pilot were to make a gate announcement it can improve things. Thank you to all who’ve posted here. It definitely was helpful. Good luck to those in the future who are invited to one. Be yourself, have a question or two for them. Expect feedback. And then it’s on to the next step if invited.