View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 06:22 AM
Arkcyph
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2021
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by GMK35 View Post
One anecdote is I’m a CFII as a side hustle (using an LLC), which meant Cisive reached out to me directly as the rep for “the company” that employs myself. They wanted training records, FAA check ride info, etc on me in regards to any flying to do with my LLC. Their brains exploded when I told them I didn’t have any of that (my mil check rides were in lieu of traditional FAA bi-annuals, company I flew for doesn’t keep records on instructors, etc.) It took a few phone calls and multiple RFI responses to clear up their confusion; may have cost me 1-2 weeks on the timeline to indoc (TBD). Point is, if any of you are in a similar self-employed situation, be ready to deal with Cisive issues proactively!
Originally Posted by flyskisail View Post
Cisive is the company they use to check your background. Employment and Criminal and potentially even online history. https://www.cisive.com/solutions/background-screening

At a previous employer I was the hiring manager for pilots as well and did it all myself. Every carrier has a different level of background check that they do. PRIA and NDR are the only real legal requirements.

Cisive is quite in depth with it. Delta is wanting to vet who they are hiring.
With regards to flying jobs, do they keep it to just check ride info and training records or do they ask about conduct and resignation/terminations/rehire eligible type stuff? Correct me if I’m wrong, last I checked a past employer can’t disclose conduct info. All they can say is yes or no to the rehire eligible question if even asked at all. What’s your experience with them in this regard?