View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 07:58 AM
Margaritaville
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by Arkcyph View Post
With regards to flying jobs, do they keep it to just check ride info and training records or do they ask about conduct and resignation/terminations/rehire eligible type stuff? Correct me if I’m wrong, last I checked a past employer can’t disclose conduct info. All they can say is yes or no to the rehire eligible question if even asked at all. What’s your experience with them in this regard?
The advice I give any candidate for any airline job is if you have anything in your closet that you're worried someone may find, best to disclose it upfront and let the chips fall.

Don't run the risk of getting a CJO pulled or worse terminated in the future because they found something and accuse you of lying on your application. There's no statute of limitations for that, even when off probation.

But to answer your question, PRIA is training records, terminations, and discipline (generally defined as suspensions or terminations). However a background check company could ask anything they want, and it's up to the employer if they provide it. Most large companies won't go above the minimum requirements due to fear of lawsuits but if you have a bad past with a small company, and you think they may flame you, it's best to get in front of it.