Old 05-24-2022, 10:59 AM
rickair7777
Prime Minister/Moderator

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Engines Turn Or People Swim

Originally Posted by Jdub2 View Post
I just don’t know about that anymore Rick. 20% of my class at the Top Tier employer had 0 TPIC. The assessment removes half of the applicants so they are adjusting the formula. I know quite a few FOs from my previous shop with interviews lined up as well.
There is a definite shift to legacies grabbing a few people who they think are a good fit prior to upgrade... basically to get them before somebody else does. But I think the bar is pretty high for that, ie you have to have just the right mix of whatever the hell they think they're looking for this week.

The other 80% still need TPIC (although not very much in many cases). Unless your Dad's a CP at a legacy it's hard to predict in advance which group you're in.

I would by no means delay applying to tier one JUST to get some TPIC. In the past, having the TPIC was a nice fallback in the event of furlough but if you get on right now you should be fairly furlough-proof in a couple three years.

Originally Posted by Jdub2 View Post
I hear what you’re saying, that TPIC still is worth gold and adds a lot of points. But conversely I know a few CA that have not gotten the call.
That's always been the case.