View Single Post
Old 05-24-2022, 11:47 AM
Noworkallplay
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2018

Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
In 2013, 14, and 15 as negotiations dragged on, it is true the pilot force was woefully uneducated and after the NC told the MEC they had a "TA in concept," the long poles in the tent fell like they where falling off a tall mule. The pilots were told how much money they were going to make. Sound familiar?

Fellow pilots, Let history be your guide. Yes the pay rates went up with contract 15, but so did the amount of work we did for each and every credit hour earned. Look at your bid packs from 2014 and compare them to today. Are you not working harder for each credit hour earned? How many Benjamins did that cost you each and ever trip to this day. If all you do is turn to section 3 and look at pay rates, you will again do yourself a great disservice.

Treat me professionally and compensate me fairly. That means I need to read the entire contract, ask intelligent questions, and vote only after careful consideration of the entire TA. It is time for every pilot to become responsible for understanding their contract.

Tech only, your concerns are valid. Further, has the NC catalogued the give backs in this transition MOU? If they are so proud of their MOU, which passed the MEC by the way, why can't they be open about the give backs? Further if this is a transition medical MOU where is the Travel MOU transition? Is it coming out soon?

If all you want is more money, and that is your singular barometer, this will be a rinse and repeat TA whenever it happens.

We are well on our way down the same tracks as 2015 with the exception of the MEC finances. Sacrifice quality of life for money. That always works out well for us...

Oh and if the improvements to our pension only gives a 50% replacement ratio for the pilots retiring soon, ask yourself how long has it been since the last improvement to our pension, and calculate when you think it is going to be addresses again in the future. Now how much of an improvement do you want?
Give backs??? How do you calculate that ridiculous statement. The company could have just went back to making you use sick time.