View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 05:27 AM
24Whiskey
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2015

Originally Posted by GMK35 View Post
One anecdote is I’m a CFII as a side hustle (using an LLC), which meant Cisive reached out to me directly as the rep for “the company” that employs myself. They wanted training records, FAA check ride info, etc on me in regards to any flying to do with my LLC. Their brains exploded when I told them I didn’t have any of that (my mil check rides were in lieu of traditional FAA bi-annuals, company I flew for doesn’t keep records on instructors, etc.) It took a few phone calls and multiple RFI responses to clear up their confusion; may have cost me 1-2 weeks on the timeline to indoc (TBD). Point is, if any of you are in a similar self-employed situation, be ready to deal with Cisive issues proactively!
I had the same experience as a CFI and examiner. Cisive seemed confused when they called my number asking for my supervisor (which was listed as self-employed). It also seemed like an RFI would go out at 4:00PM on Fridays.

Unfortunately I’m not sure there’s a way to reduce the timeline for those with aviation side hustles. Just make sure to be patient and respectful as you normally would.