View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 11:07 AM
123AB
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2021

Originally Posted by aviator1998 View Post
This is the point. All of this talk like "You will hate 121 life" like what??? Jumping 400 spots ahead of the line for IOE are you serious?
There has to be a reason that one person was scheduled. And as far as SkyWest is concerned, your seniority number is locked and you are well ahead of that person in terms of bidding, pay bumps, etc.

I understand that you want to hit the line as soon as possible. I am totally with you on wanting to fly now, I really am. The problem is all Regionals (not just OO) are hemorrhaging badly and they are trying to do everything they can to stay alive, even if that means paying over a million dollars a month to keep 400 FOs sidelined while they prioritize CA LOE and other important targets. Do you think HQ is not aware of what this is costing them? There is a reason why they are doing this.

The problem is there is not a lot anyone can do. Wanna pick up and leave for another Regional? You will be set back even further timewise. Do you want to complain to your Union? Nothing you can do there. (You haven’t been saying these things, just presenting rhetorical questions) SkyWest owns the process here and there is not much anyone can do except stay positive and realize that the entire Part 121 industry is cruel when times are tough. That is the reality of this industry.

Stay positive, stay studying to be on top of things, keep doing observation rides, take time to travel or do fun things, and position yourself to crush it when you get scheduled sometime soon.