View Single Post
Old 05-29-2022, 05:28 PM
WickedSmaht
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: Sic semper tomato

Originally Posted by DALFA View Post
They blame the cancellations on weather and ATC? Nobody from the press bothered to ask them exactly where the weather is?

Down here in Newnan the weather has been fantastic and I don’t recall seeing any major storms anywhere.
I mean this in the lightest spirit possible, I swear! That may be the most passenger thing ever said All in good fun. In honesty, ZNY was a mess all weekend despite the WX being not terribly bad. The NY ATC reaction to anything in Cleveland and/or DC centers (and vice versa), let alone their own is always way over the top. It DID drive some of the cancellations due to displaced crews stemming from diversions, equipment scattered all over the lower 48, duty limitations..etc. That said...once AGAIN, we have proven to be the least nimble and least forward thinking airline in the US. I have no idea why UA did better than us, they are very obviously doing something we aren't and we never...EVER seem to learn from our mistakes. After action just isn't our thing. I'd agree with the local weather, everything in the bubble was also fantastic.