View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 09:07 PM
B727DRVR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Standing in front of the tank with a shopping bag
Cool

Originally Posted by Lear24fr8 View Post
What do they say about getting time to eat during the day and time enough for dinner and 8 hours rest after a 14 hour work day, or do you have to choose between dinner and 8 hours of sleep? Time for a 45 minute cardio workout would be nice before heading out for dinner. Even 12 hours off would be difficult getting a workout and dinner and 8 hours rest, These are more important to me than how pretty a plane is. Are they getting enough time off for rest, or the minimum 10 hours? With 10 hours off there is no way to get sufficient rest and have a healthy dinner, and a workout in, you just wind up slowly killing yourself, maintaining health is just as important as keeping the jet pretty.
Hey Lear,

We have several bodybuilder types here, that manage to get their workouts in on the road, one even carrying their own weights with them, LOL. But the way you pose this question makes me feel that Part 91 Corporate is a better fit for you.. First off, we work hard here with at least a few days on rotation being less than 12 hours of rest and sometimes even 11 hours. If we do min rest 2 nights in a row, then we get additional rest perscribed in our GOM. But here's the thing: We don't work any harder than our friends over at NJA, Flex, WUP, XO, etc. and definitely work less hard than some of our competitors.. The nature of the business requires flexibility as that is what our clients pay a great deal of money for (otherwise they could just take the regular Part 121 airlines). So if we are out on a walk or on the treadmill, we have to stop working out and go fly, LOL.. Fractional and Charter flying can DEFINITELY get in the way of guaranteed workouts and dinners at the same prescribed times, but that is the nature of the beast.

A friend of mine recently left us to go to a managed Corporate gig that was too good for him to turn down, and he sat in a hotel in Mexico City for 4 days. Next, he is going to be sitting in RNO for 2 days and he knew it all in advance. To me, it seems like this kind of job would better meet your cardio workout requirements than any of the Fractional or Charter jobs. The only problem with those "unicorn" Part 91 Corporate jobs is that they are fleeting, and can disappear in a moments notice. It doesn't seem like Netjets, Flex, XO, WUP, flyExclusive will be conducive to your workout schedule, but you might look into Part 121 Cargo or Air Ambulance flying (plenty of time to work out when you are standing by to launch..) Part 121 passenger flying might not work either unless you live in base and bid reserve with some seniority if what my friends still in 121's stories are still accurate.

I think Part 91 Corporate flying would least interfere with your training...

Good luck and stay healthy!