View Single Post
Old 06-03-2022, 12:16 PM
flyguy23
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by C2078 View Post
Doom and gloom, what UPS loves!!! And BTW, around half the MD (Pratts) are already scheduled to be retired within the next 18-24 months. When everyone cheered about the 19 plane order, it was obvious we were going to be in a net negative scenario unless a true MD replacement was announced, which has not and may not even happen. IMO this last large upgrade system bid will be the last for a while, trickle going forward due to displacements. We will still need the upgrades for the increased attrition, but not as much. I predict things will start to slow down drastically towards end of year and beyond. I hope I am wrong.

Word in the school house is nearly half gone by the end of 25’. So a slightly longer time frame, but you’re correct as of now in regards to the new 76s being a replacement vs growth. Not a great replacement for the long haul stuff, so hopefully there is some good news somewhere on the horizon about new planes, but who knows. I think system bids for the near term will be based more on the economy, as we still need a ton of hiring to fully staff what we already have. If the economy tanks, all bets are off.