View Single Post
Old 06-05-2022, 06:35 PM
9mikemike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2019

Originally Posted by flyprdu View Post
Part of the mishandling of the aircraft was due to confusion and lack of information. They simply did not know that the aircraft was trying to kill them.
Clacker and stick shaker at the same time. And nothing to indicate that anything was wrong with the aircraft.

Imagine how valuable an AOA FAULT caution message would be. Or a MCAS ACTIVE advisory message. Instead they were trying to read the 737 tea leaves while the aircraft hurled itself into the ground.

EICAS would have given those crews a chance. The 737 MAX has the largest screens of any narrowbody, and no room for EICAS. The airplane is a joke.
Not if you have so little skill and ability that basic stuff like airspeed control are beyond your ability without automation. I flew a full approach with stick shaker/clacker and ground prox warnings in a 737…in the weather. At the end of a long etops flight with no other options. I by no means am at all a top gun. Just used basic flying skills and all was well….I agree that the 737 Max is a joke. It in no way is a competitor to the A321NEO. The 737 all variants require someone on the flight deck with good basic flying skill or the airplane is unsafe. Period…..Boeings philosophy has always been to let the customer worry about the skill or lack there of on the flight deck. Millions cheaper to have human ECAM than to design and engineer it into the airplane.