View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 03:49 PM
80Z28Dude
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2016
Position: MD-11

Originally Posted by 4dalulz View Post
You're drawing from the same pool of pilots as every other airline. And WGA is seemingly well established in the same AMC and subservice segments that the other airlines mentioned. Finally, quite a wide gulf between being ij survival mode in the 2000s and the recent white hot economy in a tight labor market. Circling back to a previous point... why are you pigeon holding yourself into accepting less money when more is on the table?
You are missing a big clue here. Pilots are the main generators of revenue for their companies. If company X’s pilots are flying 90 block hours a month, and Company Y’s pilots are flying 60 block hours, how does the same pay for both work? We don’t work as hard for the most part. It works for me and many others. WGA is making money. What we are doing is working. Think a little deeper and consider why we are getting 777s. Do you think we are procuring them hoping to find work for them? I don’t think so. So if you want to fly a lot, do it and get paid more, you are paid for your productivity. I’ll probably live longer than you with my 60 hour schedule and have to suffer only making $300K a year.