Thread: new TA
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2022, 10:39 PM
tnkrdrvr
Occasional box hauler

Joined APC: Jan 2018

Originally Posted by Section Eight View Post
THIS^^^^^^

We deserve this POS, frankly because we can’t seem to do any better. Why is it as bad as it seems? Because we asked for it, literally.

Maybe (and that’s a big maybe) if we had the long range goals of the union and the group instead of “me” in mind, we might have been able to muster something a bit better.

Sadly, our employer, and our union know; that those days are long gone. So go ahead, vote for this and accept what is already known…

it’s just sad…..88 guys are at home going “What the heck….” buy hey, let’s continue down this path of “you do you”. Heavy lifting is required to affect real change, and we’re just not up to it, and that’s a fact.

Carry on….
Next summer will be the acid test. If no one crosses the picket line, we will have sent a useful message to Atlanta. I’m undecided on this TA and think I understand both sides basic arguments. However, nothing will get Atlanta’s attention like seeing a bunch of “overpaid” pilots willing to walk a picket line in August in Louisville. Whether a no vote is better for us in the long run is a gamble on a lot of impossible to know factors. So is a yes vote. The EB definitely has better intel than the average line guy. That doesn’t make them right, but it improves their odds.