View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 04:31 AM
Danger Close
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: The Best Coast

Originally Posted by dualinput View Post
Sorry changing the uniform to something similar to a towel boy at a nice hotel gives the appearance that your are more hired help and less in command. The help will always demand and get less compensation than someone being compensated to make command decisions sometimes at the expense of owners.

I see it with my friends that aren’t pilots. They will all name “culture” as a reason they like or stay at their jobs. Attire is a big part of that. I ask them if they would ask for more money if they had to wear a suit and tie to work and they all say yes. I then ask well how much money are you foregoing just for your casual dress code and culture. My neighbor just changed jobs for a 50% raise in compensation. He’s literally thinking about returning to his last job the regain his work from home and casual dress culture. His new job requires he dress somewhat professionally and drive 20min to an office each day.

What do you think the pet Halloween costume contests and whatever other BS HR events are? All culture to make you feel more satisfied because when you’re satisfied you don’t ask for more money
We agree to disagree then