View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 04:19 AM
formerdal
Senior by choice

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by newKnow View Post
Hi,

Where exactly is this "pot" of money it is taking to get the deal done? Let's not forget that the intiial haggling witht this merger was who was buying who and who would keep who's name, hedquarters, ect.

The fact and let me capitalize that...FACT of the matter is that NWA brings waaaay more money to the deal than Delta does. I'm sorry to say, but your union has done a poor job of informing you of the situation.

My "grasping at straws" is backed up by 83 pages of color powerpoint presentation that my union has provided for the possible NWA/DAL deal along with 81 pages of the same type of presentation for CAL/UAL.

My information tells me that out of all the legacy airlines DAL has the least amount of cash on hand (pg. 71) and that as a percentage of your monthly expenses vs. cash on hand, you are at the very bottom of the list, behind Air Tran, Southwest, United Continental, Us Air, American, AS?, Northwest, and Jet Blue, in that order. (pg. 72)

So I guess the "straws" that I am grasping at might be telling me that maybe NWA is paying for your payraise rather than the other way around.

But, your whole attitude of "doing us a favor" to get us up to your pay rates says a lot. How would that position play when negotiating a K (contract) to get rid of the B scale? As I have said, it's not your money to give.

As far as your comment on the DC plan, I have no idea what you are talking about, so I won't even try to comment.

As far as your question about me taking a fair deal on integration at the old pay rates? In a heart beat. Are you saying I should sell my seniority?

I never said I consider 12 hour legs to be premium. Since you seem to have seen all of my post, you should have noticed that I was only pointing out a possible position that our negotiators might have had. (I will give my opinion about that in my next post, but after some thought, think they were right to do so.)

Finially, you say there has been no mention of a revision to the agreed upon terms because your MEC hasn't told you jack!!! That fluff that Mowak sent out to you guys gave no specifics and every last one of you bought it like a bunch of High School cheerleaders and began jumping up and down waving you pom poms screaming "Go Delta!"

Conversely, the NWA MEC put out a rather dry, but fact-of-the-matter letter that gave specifics on what was offered (dynamic seniority list), what the factors involved were (ratios, premium flying, a/c orders), and the fact that the changing environment has caused management to hedge on their offer of no furloughs and some of the economic stuff (or as you put it, a revision of the agreed upon terms). But, I forgot that's "simply a distraction" to you.

I will continue this on my next post, but in my observations of you guys, I have seen that many of you are a little too exciteable, quick to jump the gun without careful thought and you don't read. (yes, it's flame, but true)

If I'm wrong, then one of you please tell me what is so horrible about the offer that was spelled out in the NWA MEC letter. (Because you sure have no idea what offer is out there from the letter your MEC sent out)

As I said earlier, I think I know why they came up with the concept of premium international flying (I'll explain in my next post). But other than that, what do you object to?

I gurantee you though, I will have to spend my next 10 posts (at least) explaining that that is not what the letter said.

New K Now

Bottom line is that all of us would like to believe that our respective MEC's are looking out for our best interests. However, all one has to do is look at history to see that the NWA side has always looked out for the senior guys and screwed the junior guys. Just look at your retirement situation, you guys took it in the shorts on payrates and retirement so your senior guys could have their cake and eat it too.

Now look at the Delta MEC. We all gave up the retirement, yes we lost alot of senior guys prior to CH11, however, everyone lost it from the top to the bottom. Now look at our DC and 401k plan, equal for everyone across the board. Our claim and note yielded me, a 2000 hire, $165,000. I had 3 years on furlough and about 4 years active service with the company. The Delta MEC has a history of treating everyone FAIRLY -the NWA MEC DOES NOT!

Ask your MEC how the equity was to be distibuted, our guys wanted it distributed equally among all pilots. Your guys wanted it split by seniority, big surprise there.

I understand you want to believe your MEC as we do at Delta, the difference is our group has a history of fairness to the entire list...YOURS DOES NOT! All one has to do is look at their statement with reagard to having more premium flying than Delta to realize that the NWA MEC is just trying to blow smoke up your collective pie holes...no disrespect intended and it would be nice if this went away. However, I think we are all missing out on an opportunity for the future....